Sunday 19 April 2009

WHAT IS ROCK SOLID?


JohnnyAh there you are.  "So what’s this all about, then?" I hear you ask – Yes, I’m inside your head - Okay, no I’m not. Those voices you’re hearing are someone else – I’d get that checked out, by the way.

Well here’s the deal y’see. For years I’ve been writing a regular rock n roll newsletter full of all sorts of tasty rock goodness to promo DJTees fantastic t-shirts. Last years’ 20 chapter series on the history of rock festivals was read by over 50,000 people, so I knew there was something of a demand for more original writing about rock music past, present and future.

So I thought it’d be a lot of fun for me and hopefully for you if I expanded this into a monthly magazine about everything rock n roll. It’s all out of our own heads so y’know, it might not be high art but it should help pass away a few minutes that might otherwise be full of something decidedly un-rock n roll such as thinking about washing socks or how to get those unpleasant stains off the cat.

Along the way I shall be pointing you in the direction of DJTees designs and generally trying to encourage you to buy more t-shirts but at core this is a work of love and of passion. Since the day my dad brought home a copy of Beatles For Sale in late 1964, I’ve been mad for this thing they call the rock. First record I bought was The Kinks 7” Supersonic rocket Ship, first album was an early Quo compilation on Pye.

Now 243 years on and the record collection stands at nearly 10,000 singles, albums and CDs. Then there’s thousands of downloads that fill a hard disk the size of Spock's brain. So it really is rock central here and our designs have always come from those roots and passion.

So I hope y’all like what we’re doing. If you’d like to write in with your views, news and ideas then please do so. I’m not running it like a blog – this is more classic and old school than that – instead we’ll have a good old fashioned letters page. So email us with anything you think might be of interest and I’ll publish the best stuff the following month.

Right that’s quite enough. Now, get a big dose of whatever makes you feel good and let's get the pedal to the metal.

Cheers

John

Rock Solid is written by:
John Nicholson 
Alan Tyers

And is published by the mighty re-arranger
Dawn Rossiter.

If you want to copy or reproduce any of these pages you're free to do so as long as you write and let me know, credit where it's from and put a link in to DJtees.  Ok? Cool.



DJTEES t-shirts that Rock!
Visit DJTees.com's huge Tees n Hoodie store

No comments: